Back End Developer Engineer - REMOTE
Backend Developer Engineer
Who We Are
We are an experienced design company that connects people, products, and brands in powerful ways. Our growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based in Culver City, California. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Left Field Labs may be the place for you.
Who We Are Seeking
We are seeking a Backend Developer Engineer to work with the project Tech Lead and Front End Developer to provide sensible, robust and extensible APIs and back-end architecture for a variety of web-based and native mobile apps. You will be expected to spin up multi-tier environments leveraging a variety of storage, caching and state-driven endpoint options. The Back-end Developer will own all data modeling and controller code, as well as session management, authentication, authorization and integrations with remote systems.
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Intermediate or better knowledge of Golang with 1+ years of experience
- Intermediate or better knowledge of Java with 3+ years of experience
- Experience with SQL databases (eg MySQL, PostgreSQL) through both an ORM and native SQL
- Experience with Graph Database Architecture, such as Neo4j, and query languages such as Cyhper
- Experience working with microservices and containers
- Expertise with RPC & REST API development
- Expertise with using package managers and environment tools (pip,virtualenv, npm, yarn)
- Mac, PC and Linux savvy - Must be comfortable working at the command line
- Experience deploying applications to cloud computing services (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience writing and running unit tests
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Experience with Python
- Real-world experience using a Python web framework, such as Flask or Django
- Experience creating and maintaining Docker containers
- Experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Knowledge and interest in automation and scripting (including bash scripts)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (eg Firestore, MongoDB)
- Experience developing in a serverless cloud environment (AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, etc.)
- Prior working experience for an agency
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Please click on the following links for more information: E-Verify Participation Poster. For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.