Back End Developer (Remote)
Back End Developer
Location: Remote, anywhere in the USA or Canada
Who We Are
We are an experience design and trusted creative technology partner to some of the world’s most ambitious brands such as Google, Amazon, Meta and Uber. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. We operate fully remote, and our team members enjoy the flexibility of working from anywhere within the U.S. and Canada time zones while keeping a balanced relationship with their personal life.
At Left Field Labs, our curiosity drives us to seek out uncommon solutions to our shared challenges. Our purpose is to positively impact the human experience with everything we invent. We’re looking for those who can craft unique solutions through empathy.
Interested in joining a culture that celebrates diversity, encourages curiosity, and creates with purpose? Are you the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges? Confident that you’re at the top of your game and ready to invent with others who at the top of theirs? Check out our open position and let’s talk.
Who We Are Seeking:
We are seeking a motivated back-end developer to join our team. You will work alongside a group of dedicated and supportive programmers and designers, all focused on building and maintaining a complex software product used by one of the largest technology companies in the world. We count on our developers to write elegant and well-documented code, with a strict eye towards separation of concerns, scalability, and maintainability.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with leads, developers, and designers to create new features and maintain back-end architectures for highly-trafficked applications in Python
- Design data structures and the services that use them
- Debug development and production issues across multiple services
- Work towards improving code quality, internal tools/processes, and documentation
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- 2+ years professional experience writing high quality, server-side code
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- Experience building APIs
- Experience writing high quality server side code in Python
- Comfortable independent debugging complex problems and working with large sets of data requiring human readable transformations
- Have used both SQL and NoSQL databases, and understand the benefits and shortcomings of each
- Take production systems seriously, understand the importance of tests, performant data architectures, and scalability
- Value teamwork and respectful, concise communication skills
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Please click on the following links for more information: E-Verify Participation Poster. For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.