We are seeking an experienced Senior QA Engineer to join our team. The QA Eng will be responsible for the creation and execution of test plans using manual interactions and automated tools to ensure the validation of product features. You will maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software by the engineering team. You will estimate, plan, and coordinate testing strategies as well as ensure that quality issues and bugs are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved within our issue tracking system.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build and maintain test automation framework
- Participate in planning and grooming sessions to understand the requirements and to help think through edge-case scenarios
- Work with the development team to formulate and implement UITest / unit test cases for new and existing features
- Use risk-based analysis to determine appropriate testing strategies, including regression, service integration, scope of sanity & smoke tests, performance & load testing, and production validation scope
- Work with tools to integrate test results or automated tests running from a continuous integration environment
- Be responsible for the creation of scripted testing, which will include unit tests
- Review and provide feedback on the acceptance criteria to the product and tech leads
- Assist in refining acceptance criteria (make sure all details are provided, e.g. browsers and its versions for UI stories, mobile app specifications as applicable, appliance details, etc.)
- Conduct root cause analysis on missed or leaked defects
YOU MAY FIT THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Develop automated and manual test cases
- Have 1+ years of experience with white-box testing
- Have 2+ years of validating and certifying web services using tools like SoapUI and ReadyAPI
- Work with custom developed and packaged applications with exposure to all types of testing (unit, system, integration, performance, etc.)
- Have strong database skills
- Are a problem solver capable of triaging issues
- Are able to envision test scenarios even when no UI components are available
- Can work with requirements that are often ambiguous, high level, and non-technical; an essential trait is that of assertiveness in working with a number of different areas/people to ensure ambiguity of requirements are thoroughly addressed
- Can translate technical data and concepts into actionable testing approaches
- Have a strong background in implementing enterprise initiatives on a large scale
- Have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Can define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Have experience using modern testing tools (ex. Selenium, Load Runner, etc.), debugging tools (Charles, Fiddler, Postman), CI tools (Jenkins), and project/dev management tools (TestRail, Jira, GitHub)
WHO ARE WE?
We are a technology company that connects people, products, and experiences in powerful ways. Our growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based across the US and globally. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, this is the place for you.
WHEN APPLYING, INCLUDE:
- A description of yourself — what’s your background, interests, and experience? What are you looking for?
- Links to some code or projects (GitHub?) and/or other relevant written works (blog, tutorials, books?).
- A resume or something similar (LinkedIn profile, StackOverflow developer story, etc).
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Please click on the following links for more information: E-Verify Participation Poster. For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.